When you look inside your heart what does it look like?
Is it soft, big and receiving?
Or cold, shriveled up and retreating?
Do we surround our hearts and minds, and make them impenetrable like a metal spike?
Why do we always over analyze and rationalize certain situations?
When in fact those are the hearts stations
It is true we can be reckless in love
But if we truly knew the meaning of love it would no longer be true
People always talk about love
It’s not something that can be easily described or easily felt
But it is a possibility we have to be open to
Pessimism is a guard mechanisms that helps us get through disappointments
Because in our minds we had expected it and made its appointments
Optimism keeps hope alive
And accumulates the hurt in which hope helps a person do a deep dive
No matter the mechanism
Two things can be sure
There are only to options to every decision
You either live life or be dead inside as you live
You either hold on or you move on
You either push away or let people pull you in
You either hold a grudge or you let it go
Someone once told me self preservation gives you longer life
Well I say, what’s the point of living longer if you didn’t know how to live in the first place?
These are mechanisms of the heart and mind
- Monday pessimism 2 (adiaforon.wordpress.com)
- A heart of Ice (My journey begins) (lovingoutsidethebox.wordpress.com)
- Both Pessimism, Optimism Are Self-Fulfilling Prophesies (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
- Is Love A Coping Mechanism? (iamtessa.com)
- Pope Francis to cardinals: Beware pessimism (latimes.com)
- Weighing heavily on my mind + heart (tschaupert.wordpress.com)